After more than a year of cancelled in-person community events, we’re excited to bring you a spectacular fireworks show on Saturday, July 3, thanks to our generous sponsors: TwinStar Credit Union, Interstate Batteries, and South Sound Center!
Due to the uncertainty of what the COVID-19 restrictions will be in July, this year’s event will follow a “drive up and watch” format and will not include the traditional food vendors, entertainment, or booths. Thanks to a partnership with North Thurston Public Schools, the fireworks will launch from the Chinook Middle School fields. The show will begin at 10 p.m., with prime viewing from several nearby parking lots including the middle school, North Thurston High School, and Envision Career Academy. You can also view the show from locations along Martin Way, including Safeway, Lowes, Hobby Lobby/Tractor Supply, and Capital Christian Church parking lots.
We plan to open the school parking lots at 8 p.m. and attendees must
follow the rules of NO:
- Tobacco products
- Personal fireworks
- Barbecues (no tailgating).
In addition, attendees must adhere to the current COVID-19 health guidelines.
Traffic, Parking, and Safety Information
This is a very popular community event. Be prepared for traffic congestion in the area. Thank you in advance for your patience and regard for pedestrians, cyclists, and other drivers. Let's all get home safely!
School parking lots opens at 8:00 p.m. To maximize available parking, no RVs or trailers allowed.
This is a "drive up and watch" format! Bring your family, park your car and watch the spectacular show! This event will be held on school grounds, and is a City sanctioned event, the following rules apply:
- No animals, alcohol, tobacco products, firearms, personal fireworks, or barbecues (no tailgating)
- No reserving parking stalls, we want to accommodate as many vehicles as we can so that everyone can enjoy the show
- Current Covid-19 guidelines and protocols will be in place based on the CDC, and Thurston County Health Department recommendations.
Please note: to maximize available parking spots, RV or trailer parking is prohibited in the lots. Roping-off, blocking, or "saving" additional parking spots will not be allowed.
The show will begin at 10 p.m. and run for approximately 25 minutes. We anticipate there to be high traffic volume leading up and following the show. We will be directing all vehicles within the school lots to exit with a 'Right Turn Only' to clear the area as quickly and efficiently as possible. Thank you in advance for your patience!
Maps and Viewing Recommendations
Best Viewing Areas
The following school parking lots will be monitored and open for public parking at 8 p.m.
- Chinook Middle School
- North Thurston High School
- Envision Career Academy.
While we are encouraging everyone to "Go before you Go", there will be sani cans spread throughout the above mentioned lots.
You can also view the show from locations along Martin Way, including Safeway, Lowes, Hobby Lobby/Tractor Supply, and Capital Christian Church parking lots. Please be courteous to the businesses by leaving access to their customers for parking.
NOTE: Refer to the map as some of the areas in these lots have trees or buildings blocking the view.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the event being held?
- The fireworks will launch from the Chinook Middle School fields: 4301 6th Ave NE Lacey WA
When does the event start?
- The fireworks begin at 10 p.m. and last about 25 minutes.
- School Parking lots will not open to the public until 8 p.m.
What does "Drive up and Watch" Mean?
- Due to the uncertainty of what the COVID-19 restrictions will be in July, this year’s event will follow a “drive up and watch” format and will not include the traditional food vendors, entertainment, or booths. Bring your family and park in one of the surrounding lots to see the show. If you choose to get out of your vehicle and watch, please remember to adhere to current Covid-19 guidelines and be courteous of others. We want everyone attending to be safe and have fun!
Where can I see the Fireworks from? MAP OF VIEWING AREAS
- Surrounding school lots will have great views. Chinook Middle School, North Thurston High School and Envision Academy. These lots do not open until 8 p.m.
- Other larger lots along Martin Way also have great viewing areas! Hobby Lobby, Tractor Supply, Safeway, Lowes, Capital Christian Center.
- BEWARE - there are a few areas with minimal-limited viewing. We have done our best to label those on the map.
Where can I use the restroom?
- We recommend that everyone "Go before they Go", however, we will have sani cans located in the surrounding school lots.
Can I bring my Pets?
- Animals are not allowed on school grounds (including the surrounding parking lots). Please keep your furry friend safe and comfortable at home if you choose to come and enjoy the show!
What about Covid-19?
- We will be following all of the recommended guidelines from the CDC and Thurston County Health Department at the time of the event.
- We suggest that everyone bring a mask just in case. You may choose to watch the fireworks from inside or outside of your vehicle. If you choose to be outside of your vehicle please remember to follow guidelines, maintain distance, and be courteous of others trying to enjoy the show.
Can I walk in and watch?
- This new location allows for many nearby neighborhoods to have visibility of the fireworks without even leaving their homes! If you choose to walk in and view the show, please remember that Covid-19 guidelines will apply. Remember to social distance and bring a mask just in case. Please be courteous of others.
Will there be food?
- Unfortunately, there will be no food vendors on site this year. We highly suggest supporting one of our local nearby restaurants before finding a space to park!
Will there be music?
- While there will be no LIVE concert this year, the fireworks show will be livestreamed on the City's Facebook page so you can tune in to hear the soundtrack from wherever you are watching and those who are not able to make it to watch can enjoy the show online. Tune in just before 10 pm to catch the show!!
I don't feel comfortable attending, is there another way I can enjoy the show?
- YES! We don't want you to miss out. Make sure you are following the City of Lacey Facebook Page. We will be live streaming the fireworks at 10 p.m. on July 3rd! If you don't stay up that late- you can catch the replay the following day!