REPORT A CRIME
The Lacey Police Department depends on the willingness of citizens to report crimes when they are occurring and to work with police officers when crimes have occurred in order to effectively respond to the public's safety. It is the partnership between the police and the community that ensures the future well-being of the community.
When to dial 9-1-1:
Whenever LIFE or PROPERTY is endangered
All crimes in progress or crimes that just occurred
When to text 9-1-1:
Text to 9-1-1 is not a replacement to a voice call in an emergency situation but rather as an enhancement to reach 9-1-1 services in specific situations, such as:
- The caller is hearing/voice impaired
- A medical emergency that renders the person incapable of speech
- When speaking out loud would put the caller in danger, such as a home invasion, domestic violence situation, or an active shooter scenario
- Any other emergency that makes it impossible to speak out loud
Visit the TCOMM 911 website for more information.
When to dial the non-emergency number (360) 704-2740
- Citizens may call the non-emergency number to report non-urgent incidents that require a police response.
Examples: Non-injury collisions, loud music, harassment by phone, vandalism
The Lacey Police Department is currently offering the ability to file theft, vandalism, vehicle prowl, and lost property reports online. For more information and to file a theft report, please follow the link: Online Reporting
Other Resources Available to Lacey Residents to Report Crime