Request for Proposals - Annexation Study
Project: The City of Lacey is seeking planning services to analyze the feasibility of annexing a portion of Lacey’s Urban Growth Area known as Tanglewilde/Thompson Place. The area of study is approximately 1,250 acres in size with an estimated population of 6,878 residents located in unincorporated Thurston County. The City is soliciting a Letter of Interest, Statement of Qualifications and requesting Proposals from consultants experienced in the development of annexation studies, analysis and planning consistent with the statutes, policies and procedures within the State of Washington.
SCOPE OF SERVICES: The City expects the annexation study will conclude within six months of contract execution with the selected consultant. The scope of work will include the following items:
• Review and evaluate the annexation study area based on the City of Lacey Annexation Policies adopted June 9, 2011, and items identified in the MRSC Annexation Handbook.
• Coordinate information, data gathering, and input from City Departments affected by annexation.
• Develop applicable maps, graphs and illustrations
• Prepare a draft report, including graphics/illustrations and recommendations.
• Prepare final report, including graphics/illustrations and recommendations.
• Provide a template format for use in the study and evaluation of future annexation areas.
Full RFP including area map and City annexations policies
Submittal Deadline: RFPs for this work must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time on September 9, 2016 at Lacey City Hall located at 420 College Street SE, Lacey, WA 98503, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please submit them by email to email@example.com. Minority and women-owned firms are encouraged to apply.