REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: CITY OF LACEY MARKET ANALYSIS
Download INFO Packet
Download Professional Services Agreement
Project: The City of Lacey invites qualified economic development and market analysis consultants to respond to a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the City of Lacey Market Study (2014). This study is intended to serve as a background document for the upcoming update to the City of Lacey Comprehensive Plan and Economic Development Element. The City desires a Consultant with expertise and experience developing market analyses, working with municipalities, and presenting market data to community groups. The City of Lacey Market Study will:
- Obtain applicable data in the field and from available sources including an inventory of existing businesses by types and industrial classifications, and an inventory of existing vacant or underutilized commercial spaces and properties.
- Develop a current and projected demographic profile, based on a 20-year time horizon, of the City of Lacey.
- Analyze the data based on existing demographics and market conditions as well as based on the identified changing market dynamics and projected demographic profile.
- Identify existing and projected competitive clusters and retail leakage.
- Identify barriers, opportunities, and tools for attracting and retaining businesses, employers, and commercial services that serve the resident population and the region that will strengthen the Lacey market.
- Present the findings in a written report.
- Prepare a concise, jargon-free presentation of the findings of the market study and proposed recommendations to the community and elected officials.
RFPs for this work must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time (PST) on December 8, 2014 at Lacey City Hall located at 420 College Street SE, Lacey, WA 98503. In order to participate in this process, and to submit questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions will be answered as received. All questions should be submitted no later than December 2, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. PST. Minority and women-owned firms are encouraged to apply.