LEARN TO MAINTAIN YOUR STORMWATER POND
LACEY, WA, April 10, 2012: Is the stormwater pond in your neighborhood looking a little overgrown? It is often the responsibility of homeowners to maintain the stormwater ponds in their neighborhoods. Improper maintenance could lead to flooding and/or costly repairs for you and your neighbors. The City of Lacey is hosting a free stormwater pond maintenance workshop on Wednesday, April 25 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Snacks and light refreshments will be provided.
The free workshop is designed for City of Lacey residents who live in a neighborhood with a stormwater facility, such as a wet pond, dry pond, or swale. At the workshop, you will learn:
• The type of facility in your neighborhood.
• Who is responsible for maintaining your neighborhood’s stormwater pond.
• Warning signs for a facility in need of maintenance.
• What regulations apply for maintaining stormwater facilities in Lacey.
• About free programs available to City of Lacey homeowner associations to make stormwater pond maintenance easier.
To register for the free workshop, or for more information, please contact Erin Keith at (360) 438-2687, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Erin Keith, Water Resources Specialist; (360) 438-2687; email@example.com