LEARN TO MAINTAIN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD STORMWATER POND
LACEY, WA, September 27, 2010: Is the stormwater pond in your neighborhood looking a little overgrown? Did you know that improper maintenance of a stormwater pond could lead to flooding and/or costly repairs for you and your neighbors? The City of Lacey is hosting a free stormwater pond maintenance workshop, Wednesday, October 6, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
The free workshop is designed for City of Lacey residents who live in a neighborhood with a stormwater facility, such as a wet pond, dry pond, or swale. At the workshop, you will learn:
- How stormwater facilities function
- Who is responsible for the maintenance of the facility in your neighborhood
- What the warning signs are for a facility in need of maintenance
- What the regulations are for maintaining stormwater facilities in Lacey
- What free programs the City makes available to Lacey HOAs to make stormpond maintenance easier
To register for the free workshop, or for more information, please contact Erin Keith at (360) 438-2687, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
- Erin Keith, Water Resources Specialist, (360) 438-2687, email@example.com