The Lacey Building Division is responsible for administering and
enforcing codes standards including International Building Code (IBC),
International Residential Code, Uniform Building Code, International
Fire Code, and the International Mechanical Code. These codes have been
formally adopted by the City of Lacey.
The following resource list identifies the construction codes adopted by the City of Lacey and administered by the Lacey Building Division. Check for all Washington State and Lacey Municipal Code amendments per code.
- International Building Code, 2012 Edition, (Washington Administrative Code 51-50 and Lacey Municipal Code 14.04);
- International Residential Code, 2012 Edition, (WAC 51-51and LMC 14.04);
- Uniform Plumbing Code, 2012 Edition, (WAC 51-57 and LMC 14.06);
- International Fire Code, 2012 Edition, (WAC 51-54 and LMC 14.07);
- International Mechanical Code, 2012 Edition, (WAC 51-52 and LMC 14.05);
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2012 Edition, (LMC 14.05);
- International Performance Code for Buildings and Facilities, 2012 Edition, (LMC 14.03);
- International Existing Building Code, 2012 Edition, (LMC 14.15);
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2012 Edition, (LMC 14.16);
- WA State Energy Code, 2012 Edition, (WAC 51-11);
- National Electrical Code, 2008* Edition, as amended by the State Department of Labor and Industries and the City of Lacey (WAC 296-46B and LMC 14.13).
- ICC A117.1 - 2009.
* The NEC is on a different cycle than the International and Uniform Codes. See WAC 296-46B and LMC 14.13 for specific dates for the adoption of updated versions of the electrical code.
Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria:
|Ground Snow Load:
|| 25 psf
|Roof Snow Load:
|| 25 psf
|Wind Speed (mph):
|Seismic Design Category:
|| 12 inches